General information about project:
Reconstruction and Conservation of St. James´s Church - Monumentum sacrum Brunense
Term of reconstruction: January 2015 – April 2016
The Investor: Roman Catholic Parish of St. James´s
Total costs: 36 274 995,- CZK
Grant: 29 019 000,- CZK
Thank You for any subsidy. God bless you!
The main reason for the recent general reconstruction of the church is the serious condition of the electrical installation. This was discovered during the 2007 technical check and the church was supposed to be closed down for the public. However, this hasn´t happened due to the great importance of the place for the cultural life of the city.
The Parish management of St. James´s explored the resources to fund the demanding and costly general revitalization. The management learnt that there are no grants in the Czech Republic that could be used for the project budget over 30 mil. CZK. Due to emergency state of affairs it was decided to apply for a grant from the EEA/Norway - Programme CZ06 – Cultural Heritage and Contemporary Art - programme part 16: Conservation and Revitalization of Cultural Heritage. The request was submitted on 19 June 2014 and it was approved for implementation14 th November. The monetary value of the project is 36 274 995 CZK of which is 29 019 000 CZK financed from the EEA grant.
The project includes:
1. refurbishment of electrical installation
2. restoration of the church interior
3. access to new rooms in the tower and multimedia exhibition for the public
4. cooperation with Norwegian partner - Association for Employers in the Church of Norway, Dept. for Church Buildings and Heritage (KA)
5. cooperation of project partners in the Czech Republic Roman Catholic Parish – Arch Deanery of Kutná Hora and the town Horní Maršov
The project is supported by the City of Brno, the South Moravian Region and the Ministry of Culture of the Czech Republic and implemented with respects to the methodological recommendations of the Czech Bishops' Conference and the National Heritage Institute.